Friday, July 18, 2014

Friday!

Ah, Friday.

That last day before the weekend where everyone gets two days off and can all relax and do whatever we want.


Oh, wait - I'm a mother, I don't get days off.  Saturday and Sunday are just like any other summer day.  I still have four crazy, energetic boys to take care of.  The only difference is the hubby might - MIGHT- be home on the weekend.  He works a lot.

Today though, my older two are with their Grammy getting to go to a special movie premier.  So at the moment the twins are napping, I am typing away and watching shows that are not appropriate for the older children to watch.

It's hard to catch up on shows like that because the older two are always around on summer days, even when the twins are napping, and even though the hubby and I like a lot of the same shows there are several I love that he despises.

So I take these few opportunities without the older two to catch up on a few things.  The house is so quiet.  No one yelling at me that they're starving and need a snack, or D and W fighting over something that is actually a baby toy.  You know those are much cooler than their age appropriate toys.


D and W will be back tomorrow, and I will miss them by the time they come back, but I will also enjoy my time with them gone.  They get Grammy time and I get me time.  Time to read, watch tv, catch up on some laundry, put my feet up so I don't overdo it (still recovering from surgery), think about life and most of all enjoy the quiet.  A time when the twins take a nap I actually don't have anyone else to take care of - except me.


Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment